Year 6 2023 - 2024
Welcome to the Year 6 home page!
Year 6 will be learning about the Mayas in order to gain an understanding of ancient civilisations and their history. They will be able to recognise when these civilisations occurred, how artefacts and remaining settlements provide us with evidence of their time in history and how they were defeated and conquered. Throughout the topic, the children will explore Central America and the different biomes that are part of this continent (with a focus on rainforests). The children will also make comparisons between how the Maya, and British life differed.
Make sure you keep an eye on the newsletter as I will be posting important information and updates and sharing photos of our activities from the week.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on Class6@deanvalley.cheshire.sch.uk or as always my door is always open for anyone who wants to chat face to face.
Year 6 Important Information
MONDAY: Outdoor PE with Anthony - all children must being their school PE kits (DV / red jumper) and be prepared for all weather. Reading Journal homework due in.
TUESDAY: Swimming - all children must bring their swimming kit with them.
WEDNESDAY: Orchestra - instruments
FRIDAY: Children will have Music, RE, and Forest school - all children must bring with them wellies and waterproofs to put on over their uniform.
TT ROCKSTARS and NUMBOTS reviewed to see weekly progress.
Things to remember:
- School shoes/ indoor shoes will remain in shool and children can come to school in their outdoor shoes everyday.
- All children with long hair must wear it tied back.
- Children only need to bring the essentials into school every day – lunchbox and water bottle. They will be provided with all equipment.
- Children are welcome to bring water bottles into the classroom to be kept on desks.
- A suitable coat is vital as we will spend time outside every day, for daily miles, playtimes and other outdoor learning opportunities.
Files to Download
Year 6: Gallery items
Ratio and proportion = Pancakes, by Mrs Booth
ECH - Santa Dash, by Mrs Booth