Welcome back to a new academic year!, by Mr Hasler
Dean Valley Community Primary School
We are very proud of our happy school with dedicated staff who strive to achieve the best for each child in their care, valuing all their contributions. We aim to make learning interesting and fun and offer a curriculum which builds on the children’s existing knowledge and promotes confidence and independence.
At Dean Valley Community School children develop within a happy, caring, secure and stimulating environment. The school grounds are spacious and attractive, having been developed from ideas gathered from all stakeholders. Our school provides extended services having full “wrap around care” (7.45am – 6.00pm) and a Day nursery on site (4 months – pre-school). As well as providing a “one stop drop” for families we ensure that the whole family is nurtured, cared for, stimulated and educated on our site.
The Staff and Governors work closely as a team with parents and families to enable the children to enjoy learning, achieve success and become contented and fulfilled young people.
- Create a well-managed and organised environment where high quality teaching and high quality learning can take place effectively.
- Provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is well planned, differentiated and stimulating, enabling all children to reach their full potential.
- Provide opportunities for social, physical, moral, spiritual and intellectual development.
- Develop enquiring minds, freedom of expression and creativity within our children.
- Develop caring responses by promoting healthy, social attitudes of tolerance, respect and understanding for all people.
- Have a partnership in which parents and the community are involved in the achievement of our school’s aims